Wednesday, November 3, 2010

Last night I had my parents, sister, and niece over for dinner. I made a dish I found online called Bacon Cheeseburger Spaghetti. Instead of regular spaghetti sauce, it calls for ketchup, barbecue sauce, and mustard. I am not particularly fond of mustard, so I ended up omitting it. It was a nice change from traditional spaghetti. Everyone really enjoyed it. My husband was not expecting much from it, but I turned him into a believer! Anyways, here is the recipe that I used...

10 oz. uncooked spaghetti
1 lb. ground beef
6 slices bacon, chopped
1 c. ketchup
1 c. barbecue sauce
2 c. shredded cheddar cheese

Cook pasta according to package directions.
In large skillet, brown beef and drain.
Stir in ketchup, barbecue sauce and bacon. Bring to boil, reduce heat and simmer.
Serve over pasta, and spread cheese on top of the whole dish.

Enjoy. :)

In other news, my husband and I have decided to take a little weekend trip to Charlotte, NC for the New Year. I am looking forward to it very much. We will be meeting a few of his college friends there. They live all over the country, so arranging a time for them all to meet is difficult. I guess New Years is as good a time as any.

3 comments:

  1. OK this sounds sinfully good, I need (don't need but will) to try it :-)

    http://jennymayandswede.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. ooh looks easy and interesting. My husband would be skeptical too. Lets see if I can make a believer out of him!
    Wearing It On My Sleeves

    ReplyDelete
  3. yum that sounds totally good. comfort food.

    ReplyDelete