Wednesday, April 20, 2011

When Bad Things Happen

When I was twelve years old at summer camp, I got a phone call from my dad who told me that my cousin Nikki had passed away. I was a little bit in shock, and I left camp early for the services which were being held in my hometown. Nikki grew up in my hometown with her family, but they all kind of dispersed over the years. Her two sisters moved to Virginia and Florida, and Nikki moved to Mississippi. Her parents moved to Florida too. But everybody came back home for the services. It was so different to me being around all this family I hardly ever saw. I didn't get to know Nikki very well and it is something I have always been sad about. Everyone that knew her said that her energy and laugh and beautiful personality were contagious.
I have learned that life is short and precious and that we should do whatever we can to live it up while we're here. I have decided to write and complete (hopefully) a 101 in 1001. I got the idea here. I will be working on it for awhile, but I'll post as soon as I figure out the 101 things!

Happy Hump Day.
<3 Aub

No comments:

Post a Comment